- This event has passed.
Next steps for supporting trade and investment for the UK’s tech sector
April 30 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm£190
It is examining next steps for increasing international trade and export markets for the UK tech sector.
With the end of transition from the EU and the UK’s new positioning in global markets, it will be a timely opportunity to assess the landscape as the UK tech sector – as well as priorities for government support and initiatives, and for attracting investment.
Areas for discussion include:
- opportunities – how can UK tech businesses tap into new demands domestically and in global markets, particularly with the pandemic increasing the need for innovation and new ways of working
- the UK’s international competitiveness – and priorities for future trade deals and negotiations, and the UK’s positioning in emerging economies, including Asia Pacific
- maintaining momentum – building on strong trends in investment in UK tech going forward
- levelling up – encouraging investment in the tech industry across the UK’s regions and nations and linking with local industrial strategies and City Deals
- SMEs – assessing the support they need to access global markets and investment
- skills – looking at attracting global and domestic talent, diversity, and educational pathways and professional development
The discussion is bringing together stakeholders with policy officials who are due to attend from DIT; BEIS; the Cabinet Office; DCMS; the DfE; the DfT; the GCHQ; the Geospatial Commission; the Government Legal Department; HMRC; the Home Office; the MoJ; and the Welsh Government.